I have extended this excellent tool set by creating a few new “writer” modules:
Additionally, I modified the original dnsDataGen.pl script slightly so that the SOA record is always created first when generating a new zone. This was necessary for most of the new writer modules to function properly.
- DLZPerfTools-1.1-jmiller-contrib.tar.gz -The original upstream version of DLZPerfTools-1.1 with my new modules and changes already applied.
- bind-dlz-jmiller.patch – A diff file that can be applied against the upstream DLZPerfTools-1.1.tar.gz
- sample.conf – A sample config file for use with dnsDataGen.pl demonstrating how to use each of the new writer modules.
- dns-dict – My personal list of random words that I use to feed into dnsDataGen.pl
- announcement.txt -Announcement email to the bind-dlz-testers mailing list. This has a little bit more info about the patch and the new writer modules, if you need it.